IFWG Awards 2014
On the 12th of March 2014, we were awarded the Irish Food Writers’ Guild’s inaugural Drink Award. The 2014 awards were presented by the guild at an industry celebration at l’Ecrivain Restaurant.
Cork’s reputation as the food capital of Ireland received a huge boost, with six of the seven awards going to Cork producers, organisations or individuals.
Now in its 20th year, the Irish Food Writers’ Guild (IFWG) Food Awards recognise and reward producers of the highest quality food, together with industry stalwarts who devote their lives to supporting and promoting Irish food.
The IFWG Food Awards is one of Ireland’s most enduring and respected events of its kind in Ireland.
The Judging Process
• No company or individual can enter themselves into these awards
• Every member of the Guild is invited to nominate products they believe are worthy of an award
• The products must be produced in Ireland and the main ingredient must be home produced
• The producer must be trading for at least three years
• Products are bought and paid for and a formal tasting meeting takes place where members vote, using proportional representation